Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Running....


I know I have been slacking off (on my blog, but not in life) but, I have been working out everyday and keeping up...just got a little busy and have not been posting. I have been logging it all on SparkPeople though. I have been going to 2 classes a day...had a few days off and am really trying to get more running sessions into my schedule. I have also lost 1 more Pound!



Lately I have really found a loooove of this RUNNING business....

I posted a little about it before, but it all started when my gym buddy Joanne won two entries for the 10Km Vancouver Sun Run along with weekly Training Clinics. She asked me if I would go along with her and I thought, well...that would be something interesting, I would love to try something different, and what a challenge that would be...so I was in! The first training session I was nervous that I would be behind and not in shape enough, but we joined the Turtles to start and it was surprisingly easy....so we did Turtles again the next week...I felt I could move up a group...and when I DID, I KNEW I made the right step...it felt GREAT...I was not tired at all, and even wanted to keep going...so now I am thinking of moving into the fast group from the medium group! I will try it next week and see how it goes. 


When I USED walk around the mountain a lot, I would run for 2-3 telephone poles and walk more...I would only run non-stop when I got to the downhill parts, and I would be out of breath, and my heart and lungs as well as legs where not working with me! I would NEVER even THINK to run up-hill...and had no idea how to pace-myself, so I was going into this with THAT mentality...but then when I was running THIS time...I noticed my heart, lungs AND legs were loving this...I felt like I did not even have to stop or rest. I know this is because of all those LesMills classes I have been so dedicated to...my sports-inspired BodyAttack, my heart-conditioning RPM, strength-building BodyPump, my BodyCombat, BodyJam, as well as ZUMBA and occasional Hot Yoga. They all helped me conditional myself for this...nothing like conditioning your heart, lungs, mind and body to go out and enjoy a run, never wanting it to end.


At first I was not doing my homework runs on my own time, because I thought I go to the gym enough so why would I do that lol...but once I STARTED doing them, I have been trying to fit them in any time I get the chance because even though the weather is cold, the feeling I get when I am out there is like nothing else, and I crave that feeling. The most wonderful feeling...out there in nature, running on the mountain...breathing in the chilly air...and at the same time, nice and warm from such an awesome workout and the sunshine shining down on you...all you hear are the rocks under your feet and the occasional bus, car or airplane. Ahhhh nothing more relaxing....

I have been running 4.89-6.16Km so far. I put the baby for a nap and off I go. I walk for a minute or so and then run the whole time at different paces, navigating my way through different routes up here on the mountain and lots of little hills and bigger hills...to challenge myself on the route and I just keep on running. If you have never tried it...start small in intervals of walking and running and work your way up...it really is an amazing experience and a really nice thing to do for YOURSELF! 

I love this quote:

Well off I go to clean my house...
UmmKhaled

No comments:

Post a Comment